Last Minute Snippets

Went shopping with David. The funk cleared up and I'm feeling much better. Seeing the burly rent-a-cop with a (cherry-wood handled) revolver at the sedate suburban store reminded me of a few days earlier on the train. There was a fellow who got on the subway with "Bank Protective Services" on his shirt. I only noticed the .44 Magnum strapped to his hip when he got off.

Something from the New York jaunt I keep forgetting to mention: Marcos has a moleskin journal with each page a portion of a map of New York, so one may mark the locations of conveniences or oddities. I hope someone's produced one of these for Portland.

Will be getting up at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow (1:30 a.m. PST) to fly out. Hope I a) get that window seat and b) am awake to enjoy the view.

0 responses:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.