Lettucocracy

Ignoring actual policies, the presidential race has taken a turn for the utterly surreal.

"In terms of who's an elitist, I think people have made a judgment that
John McCain is not an arugula-eating, pointy headed professor-type based
on his life story."


Lettuce types have become a major campaign issue. The first time I can vote for president, and lettuce is being used as a smear tactic.

I can understand labeling Barack Obama as elitist and out of touch as a campaign tactic. I even get branding him as an intellectual, as it is, bizarrely enough, a stigma in many circles. I don't agree with these, but I understand the tactic behind him.

But fucking lettuce? The McCain campaign is becoming a parody of itself. It's like pre-emptive satire. Lettuce choice is now a symbol of the shadowy, liberal ruling elite.

Also: "pointy-headed." If you're working on the campaign of someone who is over seventy, you don't want to sound like you're reading out of a 1950s issue of Archie.




This is the face of tyranny.

0 responses:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.