Dear Intermatron,

I've had a bit of privacy boutade for the last couple days, and stumbled on something called authsight, which uses the iSight camera built into the MacBook to take a photo whenever there's an invalid log-in attempt. I'm not especially worried about anyone looking at my stash of lol-Taft pictures (it is a very peculiar, very private sin), it just sounds neat to have.

However, the Leopard (OS 10.5) version that's posted there is just a pile of code which, being somewhere around a sea cucumber on UNIX literacy, I have no idea what to do with. Just gunzipping the file and leaving it on my hard disk doesn't seem to work (and no reason why it should).

Please to be helping,
Monty "Abner" Someguy

p.s. goddamnit why doesn't the bus run on weekends rrrrrgggghhhh

2 responses:

"What is AuthSight?
NOTE: AuthSight does not work with OS X Leopard. I have no plans to continue support for AuthSight. "

Might be your problem?

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 2:42:00 PM PDT  

There's a version for Leopard linked on the page, below that. I can download it just fine, I just don't know how to implement it.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 2:47:00 PM PDT  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.